Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

A diamond is finally my best friend!
Well I had a pretty good time in "Amish" country. I know I haven't written in a while so I will fill in the gaps of my exciting news!
Two Saturdays ago my boyfriend of four years took me up on top of a mountain and got down on his knees and asked me to marry him! And oh yes there was a ring involved and it is beautiful and very me I think. Please stop those tears of joy that are streaming down your face right now! The best part was being somewhere very special to me because its where my Grandparents live and its a very magical place and as Jeremy says:"I asked you to marry me in Virginia because hey Virginia is for LOVERS!" And sharing the news with my Grandfather who by the way acts like a big teenager when he's with Jeremy, was a very special thing. They have nicknames for each other and everything. I swear they could be a comedy routine.
So the next question on your list is: Shelby when is the big day? So far no date, I mean it took me four years to get here you think my wedding day will be any different. Will it be in four years? Not likely, more like a year. And yes Kari, Bruce Lucas will be there to share the special day with us! (Bruce Lucas for those who don't know is a Cabbage Patch kid, I think I'll write about him very soon)!
Life is changing around me fast, I complained at one time about how slowly it was crawling and now it has hit at least 45 mph. I am a happy girl. Now you are allowed to cry.
This could have been better but the A/C is broke at work today and creative words are dying fast in my brain!

8 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Hi, Shelby!

Congratulations again. :)

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Shelby.

I could have congratulated you in person on Saturday, but I didn't get a chance to actually meet you.

-Brian

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is definitley MY favorite for YOU shelby..

congrats...

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger shelabee said...

Thanks, diamonds are my "favorite"!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shelby! [I'm following Kari's orders.]

-- Geof

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger shelabee said...

Thanks everyone! And Brian I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you, were you in the woods with Trey? Kari, again with the free marketing! Thanks!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, I was beating my wife at Water Wars. Trey wouldn't move over and give me enough room to hide.

-Brian

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. =) What a beautiful story.

- Aelki (http://www.aelki.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME