Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I got tossed the music baton!!

Its only taken me a week to think about this very difficult subject! Kari passed me the baton and this has been very difficult. Let me say that these are in no way set in stone and could change momentarily but as of today these are my selections!

Amount of Music on Your Computer

I am seriously technologically challenged! I don't own an I-pod and have NO music on my slow slow computer at home. And I don't think things will change once I get married because me and Jeremy would just rather pop in a cd than categorize and list all our tunes! Call us old fashioned but I'm too OCD anyways to create lists and song play lists, just too much right now! Am I envious of people who have their entire music collection saved, absolutely!!

Currently listening to

Shelby Lynne-Suit Yourself. Her latest cd, so far its pretty good. I'm a big fan of hers and not just because she's a Shelby too!

Five Songs that Mean a lot to You

Wow this one was soooo hard! These are in no particular order.

-Jimmy Buffet, "Love in the Library". Basically this is me and Jeremy's "song". We did basically find love in the library at UNCC. He is a big Buffet fan and when we first started dating he would play this song for me. It just makes me smile because those were some of the best times of our relationship and they were in the library!

-Patty Griffin, "Long Ride Home". I love the music and lyrics to this song. Last summer I would roll the windows down and sing this song and duh think about someone!

-Tony Rice, "Early Morning Rain". I grew up surrounded by bluegrass music and my dad would play Tony Rice all the time. I love his voice, music everything. I believe this was originally a Gordon Lightfoot song but I still love it. When I hear this song it just takes me back to being young and hanging out with my Dad.

-Alison Krauss, "Forget about It". When I was going through a pretty rough time I would listen to this song, well actually this whole cd and although a little depressing sounding it would always make me feel somewhat better. It still just takes me right back to that place in time.

-Jennifer Knapp, "Faithful to Me". When I hear those first haunting notes of this song it just reminds me of being in college and all the fear and changes going on around me. I love this song!

Top 5 Albums

-Counting Crows, "August and Everything After." I still can't get enough of this cd. Almost every song is great, love love love it!

-Caedmon's Call self-titled. Although I'm not a dot.netter person I'm still a big fan. This cd to me is their best and always puts a huge smile on my face.

-Ryan Adams, "Gold." I could listen to this cd everyday and never get tired of it. Its just so refreshing to me.

-Sandra McCracken, "Gypsy Flat Road." My favorite Sandra cd and another one I would have no problem listening to all the time. Lyrically, musically great.

-Allison Moorer, "Show." This is Shelby Lynne's little sister who I recently really began to enjoy. This is her live album and she sings with Shelby on it for a double enjoyment factor!

Last Album Bought

Shelby Lynne's "Suit Yourself"

Recent Discoveries

All the wonderful artists off of the Garden State soundtrack, Frou Frou's included!

And the Baton goes to....

Jerome!

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Yay! Thanks, Shelby! We had TWO of the same favorite albums. :)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger shelabee said...

We have great taste!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME