Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Re-living the Past...

Yesterday I did something shall we say really out of my comfort zone. I used to love playing slow-pitch softball. I played from the time I was 5 until I tried out for high school my sophmore year when the coach told me honestly that I made the team but because they had so many seniors and juniors that I was basically a seat warmer. So I quit and went to work! But I remember how awful those try-outs were. I was so scared and nervous. Oh yeah and I tripped in front of everyone.
Cut to yesterday in sunday school, a girl who I know but don't know terribly well said she was going to practice for a church league. (our church doesn't have enough people interested so we have to play for another church.) And I said, wow I would love to play again. So she called me and I went with her. I was a wreck yesterday afternoon before I went. It was like what did I do, I barely know her and now I have to go play with total strangers. And the fact that I haven't played in 10 years didn't make it any easier! But I had this tiny feeling of hope inside me that said that I would probably be ok and hey its free excercize. So I went and it was a little intimidating but I didn't do as bad as I thought I would. Yes I've got lots of work ahead of me! And I faced a fear that I don't think I would have a few years ago. Its nice to sometimes grow up when you're not even expecting to. Plus I'm sore today so I have constant reminders of what I got myself into!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME