Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The million dollar question

So ever since I got engaged, the question I have probably heard over 100 times is, "when is the big day?" To which I don't have a good answer to, probably due to the fact that it took us four years to get this far, do you really think we're going to plot out a DATE this soon. I understand and am so glad that people actually care about the small details of my life but its the age old game of ruining a moment by asking people when they are going to do this, when are they going to do that. I have sworn up and down that from now on I will never ask these questions to anyone:
1. When are you getting married?
2. When are you going to have a baby?
3. When are you going to retire?
4. When are you going to die? (ok so this was the next progression in the question line)

If you ask me the above questions I will not get mad or upset I will just understand that you are just inquisitive about my life and usually mean no harm but after a while the questions just seep into that part of your emotions that ball up anger and annoyance and will one day upon the right person combust. So am I getting married, yes. When is the big day? Probably next year......Am I in a hurry? No. Do I love answering questions? oh yeah!

3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I promise to never ask you if you've got a date since you promise not to ask me when I'm going to have a baby.

Am I allowed to ask YOU when you are going to have a baby? Maybe you should just skip the date and move on to the baby! Maybe I should skip the baby and move on to retiring! This is a great plan!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger shelabee said...

Yes! Thats it! I will have a baby before I get married, probably by October...and Kari, when are you getting married?? Its about time you stopped "living in sin!"

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Oh, good, start rumors why don't you! heheheh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME