Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My days in the Big Easy

Day two and three and four of my vacation were spent in one of my favorite cities: New Orleans. There is just something about the smells, food, and people that just make that place so wonderful. We stopped on the way to New Orleans at the state line because Jeremy begged us to stop because fool had drank like a 2 liter of coffee. Anyways we stop and they have a huge wall of literature of hotels and excursions of New Orleans. We have no place to stay so I am looking at hotels when one hits my eye. Its called the Saint Marie and its located 1/2 block from Bourbon Street. Plus theres a green sticker on the front that states $49/ night Sunday through Thursday. Well its Sunday so I call and they have a vacancy. Well we are all thinking there has got to be some catch to this deal but we pulled up and the lady grabbed it and hid it because it is known as the "Visitor Center Special." So we stayed in New Orleans for $49 a night in a really nice hotel complete with courtyard, bar and pool!!

We did the touristy things, ghost tour, swamp tour, jazz band. But everything just turned out really well. We even became friends with the homeless! I ate the most amazing food of my life, including blackened alligator bites which were super tasty! I just don't know of any other city where you can drink, eat like a king, and listen to great music 24 hours a day. Its just an amazing city. After New Orleans we packed our bags and headed to our original destination of Pensacola, Florida. My mom wanted me to take storm damage photos but I knew better!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME