Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Monday, September 13, 2004

"Then sings my soul....."

Yesterday I went to my cousin's Eagle Scout Award Ceremony at his church. I grew up in a Presbyterian church until I was eight years old. My mom then decided that she needed a change of pace and we started going to a non-denomination church. Yesterday being back in the Presbyterian church and singing old hymns and listening to the organ play, I thought about how much I missed this element of church. My grandfather was also there yesterday and he loves to sing. He sings in his church choir and I have always loved hearing him sing hymns. Its like a little piece of heaven right here on earth. Speaking of my grandfather this is why he is by far the very best: He still wears his hair in a crew-cut style, fresh back from basic training (he was in WWII). He loves to drink wine and offers you a fresh glass whenever possible! He loved my grandmother so much, even though they had their little quarrels he always kissed her before leaving to go anywhere. He always hugs you so tight you feel like you are the safest person on earth. He is the most precious grandfather around!

I also did a lot of thinking about September 11th this weekend. I watched an HBO documentary about the whole thing and I re-lived it and was so emotional Friday night I did finally cry before falling asleep. I will try to write about it sometime this week, I think it might help me deal with what happened, if thats even ever going to be possible..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME