Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

"Something's changed today and what it is I just can't say"

I have been having recurring dreams lately about one of my best friends from high school. We were so close during high school and lost touch with each other right after my junior year of college. Its really odd how it all just sort of faded away like it really was a dream that I even knew her! Her family just experienced a great loss, their home burned down and it was in the newspaper and the most horrible feeling of guilt came upon me because I can't even tell you her address or even what she's up to. The last I heard she was living in Atlanta going to grad school but thats been over two years ago. I often wonder what makes a lasting relationship between friends? I mean why do some people stay very dominant parts of your life while others just seem to fade away?

I have been so blessed with awesome friends basically my whole life. I am only still in touch on a semi-regular basis with two friends from high school, the rest of my friends are from college. I just read a girl I went to high school's wedding announcement and all her bridesmaids were names I remember from high school. It just ended up being that my college friends are who I am super comfortable being around. I think being in college and going through those first couple of years away from home can just make you bond to people on a deeper level, plus you're living with them.

Jeremy is going through a new phase with his best friend of many years. I am trying to be there for him when basically someone he's known for his whole life is just changing drastically and making interesting decisions right before our eyes.

Being a good friend is something I hope that I have been, am and will be.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up, But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"
~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME