Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Welcome to the new Shelby

Since Thursday I have had done two things that I swore I wouldn't do in a long time. The first thing I did was to cut my hair on accident to above my shoulders. The second thing I did was lay in a tannng bed.

So the hair deal is growing on me, its not scary short its just a nice change. Jeremy likes it so all is well with the world. He said it was like getting a new girlfriend, I said it was like getting a new "boyfriend". Its made me think why I didn't do it sooner....

I'm still trying to justify laying in the tanning bed. Ever since high school I have ridiculed and judged all girls who in mid December looked like they had been living in Key West the whole year. Plus the fact that I know of at least two women who have gotten skin cancer because of their need to keep a tan. My reasoning is simply I don't want to fry when I go on vacation in September so I thought I would tan the month leading up to my vacation. Sounds smart right? My skin is pale, due mostly to the fact that I haven't seen sun since college days when I actually had the time and energy to "lay out". Now I'm only home two days on the weekends when I could actually go lay out and then I don't feel like it. The funny thing is I am actually excited about becoming tan. With my new haircut I will somehow be transformed before my eyes!

I'm suddenly realizing that I am sitting here writing about tanning and my haircut. I need a vacation!!

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Kari said...

So I just got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago, and I really hated it. I got about 2 inches cut off. But I have figured out how to style it now, so I am doing much better. I am no longer walking around going, "I hate my hair!" hehe. I bet you look cute.

I have never been in a tanning bed either. But I think it's acceptable for things like vacations or formal things like weddings. So you get a pass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME