Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"Go and buy yourself some shoes"

I am 27 years old. At an age where it might be perfectly normal for me to want to have children. But it is SO not the right time right now. Come on, I've only been married 7 months! I have a wonderful friend who has had some difficulties in this area right there with me where we rejoice with friends when we find out they are pregnant but at the same time we are kind of sad because we know there will be a change in that relationship. So I have come up with the motto that whenever I am feeling that crazy sad woa is me feeling that I am without child I GO BUY NEW SHOES!! And no I am not spending thousands of dollars but yes when I need a little pick-me-up I head to Target or the mall and go buy some new shoes. It makes all that baby stuff suddenly dissapear because this is the only time in my life that I can spend money on myself in this way and guess what I should totally be enjoying that instead of wishing for dirty diapers. So in a couple of years when my child wonders why I own so many pairs of shoes I will be able to give them the reason that their mom just wanted to be a girl a little bit longer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME