Keeping Up the Appearances of a Blog

Life as I have come to know it.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

When oh when...
The past few weeks some old insecurities have been creeping around my door. I have found myself in serious doubts about who I am as a person. Am I smart enough, am I pretty enough... I really don't even understand where they are stemming from except the uneasiness I have about my job right now. Its funny to think you've conquered some thoughts about yourself and realize that you haven't really done anything other than suppress them momentarily. Will there ever come a day when I am totally satisfied with myself? My guess is probably not ever. Not to sound like I am depressed or anything its just that monster of self-doubt has really been polluting my brain. And deep down I truly know that I am not the things I have been thinking but its like sometimes I can't get them to shut-up in my head!
You can tell someone 50 times a day that she's pretty, or she's smart but until she believes it herself it is doing no good. I don't mean to sound so serious today, there are other people with greater issues going on in their lives right now and all I can do is whine about how I don't "feel" pretty or smart.....just life I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME